Own and Operate your own SkyRun Location
- 2012 VR Survey Results: What gets measured, gets improved. A fab infographic from Visual Data Systems to offer a bit of a virtual yardstick. Some stats from the summer of 2012 to help measure your successes of 2013.
- VR Home Sales “Sizzling” Headed Into Summer: Yep, “sizzling.” Direct quote. Vacation home sales rose 10% nationally in 2012. Not too shabby.
- U.S. Travelers Choosing Vacation Rentals: Some sweet VR stats offered up by TripAdvisor and shared by Blizzard Marketing. 49% (A smidge less than half!!!) of travelers indicated that they either have or plan to stay in a rental home in 2013, up from 40% in 2011 and 46% in 2012. The tides are changing.
- Travelers’ Trends for 2015: Break out the crystal ball. How will mobile effect the relationship you have with your guests? Perhaps this infographic will offer some insight.
- Vacation Rentals are the Fastest Growing Trend in Travel: The travel sector is a monster…think billions $$$. And one of the most trusted voices in travel, Frommers, confirms that vacation rentals are the bombdiggity. Yep, that good. The FASTEST growing trend in travel. Awesome.
- Vacation Rentals Climb to a $23 Billiion Industry (yep, a B!): This article discusses the momentum growing around vacation rental homes and quotes PhocusWright’s recent study that pegs the US vacation rental industry at $23B!!! That’s amazing. And we’re just getting started.
- Confirmed: US Vacation Rentals are a $23 Billion Industry – Nearly One-Fifth of the U.S. Lodging Market: Seems like the same link as above? Nope. Ho hum, just another article discussing the GIANT force the vacation rental industry has become. This article dives into further stats from the PhocusWright study…and even includes a nifty infographic.
- Infographic: Vacation Rental Trends: For those of us more visually inclined, a great infographic highlighting some significant travel and vacation rental trends.
- Vacation Rentals Outpaced Hotels this Summer!: According to a HomeAway survey, vacation rental occupancy rates for the summer of 2013 outpaced hotels – 77% vs. 70%. In addition, the average weekly rental rate rose 19% over the same period in 2012. Dang!
- Expedia Getting Into Vacation Rentals: There are a lot of “pros vs. cons” discussions around big dawgs jumping into the mom-and-pop vacation rental industry, and I’ll leave those discussions to the comment section, but Expedia (and other big dawgs like Wyndham, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, etc.) jumping into the VR mix is definitely a sign of the power of vacation rentals. Watch out travel industry!
- Vacation Rentals: A Booming Industry: Some more fuel for the booming VR fire, a post from FlipKey with direct quotes from the Frommers…
Arthur Frommer: The single strongest trend in recent years that people are substituting apartment rentals and vacation home rentals for hotel rooms.
Mark Twain said 'The secret of success is making your vocation your vacation.' That's what you can do when you join the SkyRun family of Vacation Rental Locations by owning and operating your own SkyRun vacation destination. SkyRun adds resorts by finding local entrepreneurs that work and live in or near the resort area and helping them start a new Vacation Rental Property Management business or expand an existing business.
Enabling local owners is the way to provide exceptional local knowledge and service to our guests and to property owners.
We are currently seeking highly qualified individuals to start SkyRun locations. Any luxury vacation destination is a possibility.
The highlights of SkyRun Vacation Rentals program are:
- SkyRun provides a hosted website on the www.SkyRun.com site that you simply load your properties into. Click on one of our resorts on www.SkyRun.com to see our location sites. The website has been optimized to send search engine traffic and renters to your site to get retail (direct from renter) bookings.
- SkyRun provides a back-office system to track all reservations, charge credit cards to your merchant account and do all owner accounting/statements. There is a full work order tracking system as well as cleaning and management reports.
- SkyRun provides an owner portal where your owners can track and make their reservations and view past statements and tax info.
- SkyRun provides a network of wholesalers (others that work to book your properties for you) an easy way to book your properties to help.
- Our Location Owner Portal provides online access to all SkyRun documents and information. Each franchisee also has their individual area of the portal to store your documents.
- SkyRun provides our expertise on how to improve your marketing to owners as well as guests. For example, google ranking as well as how to get listed on internet travel sites like Orbitz and Travelocity and Expedia and Travel Agents around the world.
A SkyRun Location includes:
- License to use the SkyRun brand.
- Territory rights.
- Free unlimited use of our hosted SkyTrax System to load your properties and owner contracts and get your business on the web.
- 3 Days of training for all new franchisees at our Keystone Resort Location.
- Access to the location owner portal (logon to the left on this page) with documents such as:
- I/T guides how to setup and use your skyrun.com emails, how to create and maintain your website and the backend system reports
- Branding logos, letterheads, ads, business cards, etc
- Operational guides and information
- Planning documents including a profitatibily estimator
- All educational materials provided in the 3 day class
- HR documents such as contracts, applications, position descriptions, evaluation forms
- Owners information such as marketing letters, a sample contract, owners guides for how to use the owners portal
- Franchise business and operations manual.
- Development of your initial marketing campaign for signing property owners.
- Development of your initial marketing campaign for attracting renters.
- Forms, letters and checklists.
- Annual conferences.
- Rapid startup program.
- Proprietary marketing system.
- Continued market research.
- Access to our expertise and consulting to help customize our program to the unique requirements of each vacation location.
Take the next step and call us at 1-877-SkyRun-1 (877-759-7861). Use extension x101 (or say 'Barry') to speak directly with SkyRun CEO Barry Cox about our Location ownership opportunities to learn more on how SkyRun can help you get started in the Vacation Rental Property Management business.
It's a lifestyle with the income to match!
Step 1 - You Request Information
Step 2 - Engage in Phone Consultation
Step 3 - You Attend a Discovery Day
Step 4 - You Finalize Your Decision
Step 5 - You Attend Training
Step 6 - You Celebrate Your Location Grand Opening
Q: What are the skills and qualifications required to operate a SkyRun Vacation Rental Location.
A: Running your own SkyRun business in a resort can be extremely rewarding. Our most successful location owners have characteristics like a strong work ethic, the ability to focus on details, a general aptitude for business, marketing and sales and the ability to work with and manage a staff. Experience and/or business eductation is a must. Our business is very much automated, with most of our communication happening on email and using websites. Therefore, to operate a successful location, you must be very comfortable with using a computer to work.
Perhaps the single biggest characteristic though is the unrelenting desire to do what it takes to provide great vacations to the families you serve as well as to protect the investments of your client/owners as if the property was your own. If you enjoy providing hospitality and introducing people to the area that you love yourself, you will succeed.
Q:What investment is required?
A: One of the great things about the vacation rental business is that there is no inventory to buy or factories or stores or offices to build. You are renting property owned, maintained and paid for by your client/owners! While you're adding your first 10-25 properties in the critical startup phase where most businesses require large amounts of start-up cash, you don't even need an office! You can provide keys via a lockbox or coded door locks and use subcontractors who are plentiful in resort locations for cleaning and maintenance.
There are also very few fixed costs. Most of the costs are variable (like cleaning and marketing) so that as you add more properties and get more bookings, the costs rise only as your revenue rises to cover the costs. For an investment of about $30K-$40K (depending on how fast you want to grow and how large the terrirory is) you can get a business started quickly.
Q:Sure it's fun, but is the Vacation Rental Industry a growth industry?
A:YES! Vacation Rentals are a $23 BILLION/yr industry according to a May 2013 PhoCus Wright (phocuswright.com) study. Homeaway (NYSE: AWAY) is a leader in advertising vacation rentals with over 500,000 vacation rentals on their site. You may have seen Homeaway (who owns VRBO.com) on their Super Bowl ads featuring Chevy Chase (as in 'Vacation'). Noted travel authority Arthur Frommer said Vacation Rentals was 'The most prononced trend in travel...'.
Do the math and vacation rental industry has added 10-20% new customers every year even through the worst recession in 80 years. Because vacation rentals make financial sense even when you're budget it tight. Creating family memories is a growth industry even (especially?) in the worst of times.